Saturday 26 April 2014

Abstract Nails with Tutorial!

Hey guys! Last night I was trying to figure out what to do on my nails. I went though the possibility of doing my favourite bags design (which I will probably do later on) or things people have asked me to do, but I wasn't feeling it I guess. Then I reverted to google searching art to give me inspiration. I decided I wanted to do a mixture of circles and prime colours (kinda a circle version of Piet Mondrian's compositions). 


I really like them, but I a little bit regretting my decision on my index finger to colour red down the middle, in hindsight I think I probably should have kept it the neutral colour, but oh well... its a little different.
I also decided to take photos as I was painting my nails so I have a full tutorial with photos instead of my little drawings! Though I did forget to take a photo of just the base colour... oops. 


Okay, so what I didn't take a picture of is how my nails started with 2 coats of a neutral colour. I will list all the polishes I used down below.
  1. Paint curved lines and circles with a thin striping brush and black polish. I did these pretty randomly, but I found it looked better when there weren't too many lines (I think i may have gotten a little carries away with my index finger...
  2. Start colouring in the sections that you have made. I liked to keep the long sections in the middle neutral and fill out the more circular sections.
  3. Continue filling out the sections until you think it looks good. You could have put more colours in here instead of repeating colours, I was just scared that I would choose the wrong colours and screw it up...
  4. Go over the black lines again so they are more solid and even
  5. Clean up all the excess polish on your fingers
  6. After you let them dry, go over in your favourite top coat!
I tend to clean up before I put my top coat on... I don't know if this is normal, but I find it easier and it also makes it quicker for me, but you can do it whenever!

The polishes I used were:

OPI My Vampire is Buff (Neutral)
China Glaze High Hopes (red)

China Glaze Liquid Leather (black)
China Glaze Man Hunt (blue)
China Glaze Happy Go Lucky (yellow)

See you guys next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment