Sunday 13 April 2014

Easter Nails

Hey Guys, its rainy and gross today, so I decided to do some happy nails! Its Easter soon, which is super exciting, who doesn't love chocolate right?! So I decided to do a set of themed nails. As you might be able to see, I have been enjoying doing small repeating patterns, so I tried to do my Easter nails with the same sort of idea.



Also, I hope you like my socks. My friend bought them for me as she doesn't think I eat enough vegetables, so these help right? :-P
For these nails I started with a white base and added the details with a dotting tool and a very thin striper.
The polishes I used were:

Base:


China glaze snow and China glaze white on white (white)
Chicks:
China glaze happy go lucky (bright yellow)
OPI atomic orange (Orange)
China glaze liquid leather (Black)
Eggs:
China glaze lemon fizz (light yellow)
China glaze peachy keen (light orange/peach)
China glaze re-fresh mint (mint green)
China glaze kinetic candy (light blue)
China glaze sweet hook (light purple)


I have also included some photos of Easter nails I did last year. Sorry for the quality of the photos.. I clearly hadn't heard of sun before. 
The first set of Easter nails are just a mash up of a bunch of designs I had seen around the internet. I did have major troubles with the chevrons though, and still I am never very confident doing them, but maybe I will experiment a little more now with them and try to improve!


These second nails are my version of Chalkboard Nails' Easter Mix-up. These were a cool, fun and bright take on the usually pastel Easter nails, and were so fun to wear!


Hope you guys have a great Easter, and I would love to see any cool Easter inspired designs you have tried! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment